The first 2-days of this training focuses on an in-depth review of the changes from ISO/TS 16949:2009 to ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016. The last day of training covers the changes from Rules 4th to Rules 5th, automotive auditing approaches, and transition planning. A final examination is included at the end of the course.
This unique training program is designed for experienced lead auditors, supplier auditors, internal auditors, audit team leaders and program managers. It is highly recommended that attendees have previously completed the “Exemplar Global Certified ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor with AIAG ISO/TS 16949:2009 Supplier Auditor Certification Training.”
This exclusive training is the recertification process for current AIAG Supplier Auditor Certification holders.
NOTE: A full copy of the IATF 16949:2016 and 9001:2015 publications are not included. However, the exacted requirements text of 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016, with training commentary, will be included in the participant manual.
Prerequisites: Knowledge of ISO/TS 16949:2009 and auditing
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of the Quality Management Principles and which principles changed
- Review the process approach and understand the increased emphasis on a process approach in the revised standards
- Demonstrate an understanding of risk-based thinking and applications to define and manage risks and opportunities
- Identify the specific changes in the new standards and how these apply to your organization
- Demonstrate an understanding of the significant changes in the Rules 5th Edition and how these apply to the organization’s audit program
- Differentiate risk-based thinking for the roles of process owners and auditors
- Apply risk-based thinking in the automotive process approach to auditing
- Apply IATF 16949 knowledge to evaluate the acceptability of “real world” scenarios.
Participants who receive a passing score on the final examination will be eligible to receive two certificates of successful completion:
- Transitioning to IATF 16949:2016 for Automotive Auditors*
- IATF 16949:2016 AIAG Supplier Auditor Certification**
*Requires a passing score on the final examination. Those who do not pass or complete the final examination will receive a certificate of attendance.
**Requires a passing score on the final examination, plus the participant must have previously completed the AIAG Supplier Auditor Certification Training and holds a current Certificate.
This training program is designed for quality professionals in the automotive industry who are:
- Experienced lead auditors, supplier auditors, internal auditors, audit team leaders and program managers.
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Quality Management Principles
- Process Approach and Risked-Based Thinking
- IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 Comparison to ISO/TS 16949:2009
- IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 Comparison to ISO/TS 16949:2009 (continued)
- Rules 5th Edition – Significant Changes
- Auditing using risk-based thinking
- IATF 16949 Short Scenarios Evaluation