Acquire the skills and understanding necessary to squeeze the full benefits for your company from ISO 14001. This 2-day course is designed to help you integrate ISO 14001 and ISO 9001 as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. Learn how to analyze the requirements of the new standard and incorporate them into your current ISO 9001 practices to achieve full compliance with minimal disruption. You will learn to address key issues in environmental management, as well as the benefits of an environmental management system (EMS) and ISO 14001.
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
Recommended for individuals and cross-functional teams implementing ISO 14001 into an ISO 9001 system and anyone who wants a better understanding of the requirements of ISO 14001.
- Reduce the time and cost of implementing the new specifications by acquiring a concise, yet thorough understanding of the scope of ISO 14001:2004 and key terms
- Identify which modifications and additions to ISO 14001:2004 require attention for compliance with ISO 9001:2008
- Develop an environmental policy statement appropriate for your company
- Integrate processes for identifying environmental aspects and impacts
- Identify environmental objectives, set related targets, and establish programs for achieving results
- Integrate environmental responsibilities, awareness, and authorities into a management system
- Establish environmental metrics and indicators for monitoring performance
- Document control for ISO 14001:2004
- Identify operations that need to be controlled under EMS and identify emergency operations and contingencies that must be considered as part of EMS
- Incorporate changes necessary for your company to achieve compliance and determine the resources and timing required