We use vast experience and real world examples to help you understand the particular challenges you may face in obtaining data from your suppliers and providing data to your customers.
This training course is designed to get you working in IMDS as quickly and efficiently as possible using both presentations and hands-on exercises to teach you how to use the IMDS.
This training focuses on more than just how to run the IMDS interface and enter data. It includes the skills and processes needed to obtain and submit accurate quality data. The automated check routines of IMDS only go so far and are not designed to, nor can they be relied on, to insure that your data is correct and accurate. You are the final judge of data quality and this course will teach you the material basics and thought processes to apply in making judgements about data submitted by your suppliers.
During this course, you will work on the official HPE IMDS training system. As part of the course, each student will receive a person training license ID that will remain valid for 4 weeks after completion of the training.
Students are required to bring a laptop to class. Laptops must have wi-fi capability, be equipped with Firefox or Chrome internet browser and have Microsoft Office.
IMDS Coordinator/Processor, Environmental Specialist, EHS, Quality, Engineering Dept, Data Manager/Processor, HR
When you have completed this course, you will:
- Understand the goals of the International Material Data System
- Understand your responsibility for providing accurate data
- Be familiar with the terms and definitions of the IMDS
- Be able to create, send, receive and administer material data sheets (MDS)
- Understand the requirements for reviewing data beyond the automated IMDS checks
- Be able to communicate clearly to suppliers requirements for data acceptance
- Be familiar with search mechanisms
- Know how to search for published materials
- Understand how to integrate published data and data from suppliers into your MDSs
- Understand how to request and provide regulatory information
This course will teach you all the steps in the IMDS process:
- Data collection
- Verification against product drawings
- Material creation including sub-material usage
- Semi-component creation
- Component tree creation
- Supplier MDS acceptance/rejection
- MDS submission to customers
- Responding to customer MDS rejection
- Version control and updates
- Using Chemistry Manager to manage regulatory information