During this 4-day training course, participants will learn the necessary skills to conduct high quality internal audits to improve performance on registration and surveillance results. This exclusive AIAG training program is the supplier version of the official IATF 16949:2016 third-party auditor certification course. The course focuses on the requirements of IATF 16949:2016, linkages to North American Automotive Core Tools and customer requirements, and the automotive process approach to auditing. A final examination is included at the end of the course.
Is this the right class for you? CLICK HERE to review the Training Selection Tool.
Prerequisites: Basic understanding of ISO 9001:2015 and IATF 16949:2016 is required.
- Demonstrate an understanding of IATF expectations on performance defined in the Certification Body Auditor Competency Criteria
- Demonstrate an understanding of the IATF 16949:2016 certification process
- Demonstrate an understanding of Rules 5th Edition, SI’s and related FAQ’s
- Apply the Automotive Process Approach to Auditing
- Assimilate the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) expectations for auditor performance defined in the Certification Body Auditor Competency Criteria (what an automotive auditor needs to know and do to be able to audit accurately and consistently) and Rules for achieving IATF Recognition 5th Edition
- Demonstrate the following tasks:
- Prepare a Stage 1 Readiness review
- Audit with an Automotive process
- Report findings
- Investigate nonconformity management
Requirements for Successful Completion:
For certification, you will be evaluated with a written examination and performance assessment covering general content of IATF 16949:2016, the North American automotive quality core tools (APQP, FMEA, MSA and SPC), and the application of auditing principles and practices.
Note: Successful completion of this course/exam does not qualify you to conduct third-party audits.
This training is designed for quality professionals in the automotive industry, and recommended for:
- Experienced first and second-party auditors who want to become an AIAG-certified Supplier Auditor
- Individuals who will be auditing an IATF 16949:2016 quality management system
- Certification Body Auditor Competence Criteria
- Stage 1 Readiness Review
- The Automotive Process Approach to Auditing
- Review of IATF 16949:2016
- Review of IATF 16949:2016 (continued)
- Linkages to Quality Management Principles
- Automotive Core Tools
- Core Tools Integration
- Customer Specifics
- Stage 1 Readiness Review Application
- Audit Planning
- Stage 2 Site Audit
- Preparing to Audit a Process
- Non-Conformity Management
- Surveillance & Recertification Audits
- Auditing Application
- Written Examination