Internal auditors in the automotive industry are essential to providing the objective feedback required for maintaining and continuously improving upon an effective ISO/TS 16949 quality management system. Recommended for new or current internal auditors who need to perform internal quality audits, this 3-day course will provide you with the background to audit an internal quality management system to the requirements of ISO/TS 16949. In addition, it is designed specifically for automotive suppliers and meets ISO/TS 16949 and customer requirements for FCA, Ford Motor Co., and General Motors Co.
Plexus International is the Exemplar Global-certified course provider for training at AIAG.
NOTE: Attendance to the entire course is required to receive a Certificate of Attendance with CEUs.
- Define the Automotive Process Approach
- Implement ISO/TS 16949:2009
- Translate Linkages to Automotive Core Tools and Customer Requirements
- Integrate Core Tools
- Translate Linkages to Quality Management Principles
- Perform and apply Audit Skills
- Review Exemplar Global QMS Internal Auditor Certification Handbook
Requirements for Successful Completion
Two elements are involved in the successful completion of this course:
- The continual evaluation of the student's attitudes, auditing capability, performance as team members when role playing, and communication skills (performed independently by all instructors involved with the class).
- A written examination that covers the content of ISO/TS 16949 and the application of audit principles and practices based on ISO/TS 16949. Fifty percent of the examination grade is based on questions that require short answer responses that test comprehension of the audit process and the application of ISO/ TS 16949. The remainder of the examination grade is based on multiple choice and true/false questions.
- Those who pass will receive an Exemplar Global certificate of successful completion, which satisfies the training requirement for individual QMS internal auditor certifications through the Exemplar Global and IRCA.
- Those who do not pass will receive a certificate of attendance.